Thursday, October 24, 2013

Chevron Love

Some chevron love happening here over the last few days. I've had a couple of charm packs of TulaPink's Saltwater range sitting in the stash for a few months and I wondered what I would sew with them. I love the colour range and decided it was time for some half square triangles.


Which got played with and rearranged .... and became the good old chevron.

I've got another 2 charm packs winging their way from the UK as I couldn't find an aussie online retailer with any stock left. This will be a small lap quilt 6 blocks by 8, each block is 4 HST's.


Am really enjoying the piecing- the designs are fab and interesting and it's great to play with tones within each colour way.



2 comments:

Gail in France said...

Lovely work, Di. I love your review of our workshop
and time together at Le Cerisiers. I see you found some original floors in Venice. I'm making the large model of the round pentagram but your photo has made me rethink the outer border with the beautiful white motifs. I confess I've done the whole thing by hand - bliss !!

Di said...

Cheers Gail
I does not surprise me that you are back to your hand piecing, I am sure it will be beautiful. I'd love to see a pic when it's done
Di